Sunday, December 20, 2009

Filipinos are Fad Addicts!?



We? Fad Addicts? This is a question easily answered. Yes we Filipinos are Fad addicts, Filipino families often have collections either individually or as a whole. I may not be a collector myself but I also fancy having a collection but this collection will have to wait since I am but a student and maintaining a hobby like that is very pricey. Especially for me since I am considering collecting vintage cars and I would like to have a try in restoring these beautiful antiques. Others may call it a waste of time but for me it is something worth investing my time on. I can just imagine riding a 69' camaro fully reconditioned and restored, sporting a new metallic red paint and the smell of new leather interior. That would be euphoria for me, but that's just me. Everyone has different tastes may it be to collecting matchbox cars, action figures, comic books or just about anything you can think of. Filipinos are certified fad addicts. We filipinos don't just collect, we collect and we take care of the things in our collections. This collections are not only there because we want to collect them, We Filipinos, as a family, make a collective effort in order to maintain and take care of our collections. The collection also serve as a group activity for the family since the collection does not only to belong, for example, to my father but to me as well since these collections will be passed down just like a family heirloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment